Friday, May 30, 2014

project progress report


I know you're probably hoping to find a new tutorial for some incredibly wonderful project I've recently completed. Alas, today is not the day you'll find one. You see this little thing called "life" is getting in the way of me actually starting (and finishing) blog projects lately. But since I want you, my lovely readers, to feel included I'm sharing a few snapshots of what's currently up our crafty sleeves. Full tutorials and details coming soon...once we actually complete something on our expanding project to-do list...


This little lantern was part of my birthday gift to the hubster. For his birthday, he also got the privilege of upcycling his own present. Crafty, aren't I? Ha. Its transformation will hopefully be on the blog in the next two weeks! 

What's a frugalish diy-loving blogger to do when she drives by a well-loved, but sturdy dining table with a sign that says FREE on it? Send your husband and dad to pick it up.That's the only logical answer. This is going to be a time-consuming project, but expect to see a beautiful painted kitchen table on the blog sometime in the future. 

Remember how I told you I was working on a project that embraces the granny chicness of our place? Well, here's another part of that soon to be one-of-kind piece of artwork. Don't worry there's more to it then just a head of a bird...stay tuned! 

I have great plans for this piece of pallet wood. I'll be painting it to go along with a nautical-inspired summer mantle. 

A little brainstorming for a new gift wrap idea. Coming this week! 

Hope you're inspired to tackle your own project this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the projects! I'm especially curious about the table. I want to paint mine someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too haha! Too many projects...so little time!

      Delete